This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs hangs on "Loading vc-git...done" (0/1)
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 20:26:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: emacs hangs on "Loading vc-git...done" (0/1)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <3c7k0apfc7q5kftcajse3esh38lbqoi4c6 at 4ax dot com> <540A3945 dot 7070906 at redhat dot com>
> On 09/05/2014 03:18 PM, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > Cygwin 1.7.32-1, git 2.1.0-1, emacs 24.3-2. New problem, never seen
> > before:
> > I start emacs, press C-x C-f to load a file, enter the file name, press
> > enter. Emacs hangs, and never returns. The status bar says:
> > Loading vc-git...done
> > I verified this in x86 and x86_64, and also with git 2.0.4-1.
> > Anyone have any ideas how to get past this? I can't tell if it's an emacs
> > problem, or a git problem. I suspect git, only because it's been updated
> > recently.
> Emacs problem; and already discussed on the list. Upgrade to
> emacs-24.3.93-1 for the fix.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple