This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: latest cygwin: 'run' problem
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Gerry Reno <greno at verizon dot net>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 18:51:26 +0400
- Subject: Re: latest cygwin: 'run' problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5405C013 dot 7030503 at verizon dot net> <87a96hrki4 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <54060378 dot 2070108 at gmail dot com> <5406680D dot 4030105 at verizon dot net> <540761FA dot 1040902 at verizon dot net> <87ppfcqyc7 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <540A600A dot 6090201 at verizon dot net> <540A6817 dot 9080207 at verizon dot net> <20140906201229 dot GA9220 at phoenix> <540B7DEF dot 3030204 at verizon dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Gerry Reno!
> On 09/06/2014 04:12 PM, Gary Johnson wrote:
>> On 2014-09-05, Gerry Reno wrote:
>>> To clarify this request a bit:
>>> Both run-1.2.0-1 and 1.3.1-1 are broken. Neither one properly runs a command.
>>> The only recent package that actually worked was run-1.3.0-1.
>> That has not been my experience. In my experience, run-1.2.0-1
>> works fine but 1.3.0-1 was broken, so I've been "keep"ing 1.2.0-1 on
>> my system until I hear that run has been fixed.
>> I'm sorry I don't have details on the problem with 1.3.0-1. It
>> would just not work with the commands I was trying to execute. I
>> believe there was some discussion about the issues on this list at
>> the time 1.3.0-1 was released. I'm at home at the moment and away
>> from my Windows system so I can't experiment or look at the run
>> commands I use.
> Here, make this work with run-1.2.0-1 or run-1.3.1-1 and you'll
> make a believer out of me.
> run $WINDIR/system32/mstsc.exe /multimon /v:$IP:3389
Not with 1.3.1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mstsc.exe "/multimon" "/v:IP:3389"
Here's the problem, as Achim said.
> And until such time as somebody actually gets around to fixing
> 'run' it would be nice if there was an alternate choice of
> run-1.3.0-1 that just seems to work with every command
> I feed it.
cmd.exe /C START "" /B "$WINDIR/system32/mstsc.exe" /multimon /v:$IP:3389
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 07.09.2014, <18:48>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple