This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: vi editing at bash command line: cc command doesn't work
- From: Bob McGowan <Bob_McGowan at symantec dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 09:25:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: vi editing at bash command line: cc command doesn't work
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <196350f3-f0ec-4a00-bef3-3fab0243fb0a at email dot android dot com>
On 9/10/14, 6:36 AM, "Mr. Bob 2001" <email@example.com> wrote:
>vim 7.4.417-1 OK
>Windows 7 Enterprise Ver 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1
> Cygwin DLL version info:
> DLL version: 1.7.32
>cc in vi or vim, or gvim Works for me, on 64-bit, without admin rights.
>PS. Thanks for prompting me to finally notice the mirror I was using was
>not staying up to date. So that's why updates had stopped. :-)
>Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
>Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
I think you misunderstood the original post.
The issue is with the vi-edit mode of the bash shell, not gvim or vi.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple