This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs no longer works for me under cygwin
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 17:33:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: emacs no longer works for me under cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALJck0MqQgUFZxO41i_uAGLONLhfceyq_zW9tL1ZFz-H5rAF=g at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 9/12/2014 5:14 PM, Matthew Cummings wrote:
I'm running 64bit Windows 7, a relatively new OS install. I've been
using the 64bit version of Cygwin for about a month now on this
machine, including the emacs that ships with it.
I haven't changed any part of my cygwin/emacs configuration in the
past few weeks but starting today, emacs has been in a state where it
will not load directories in dired and will not open most text files.
It seems that only text files with a .txt extension will open in emacs
I've tried running "emacs <filename>" and ctrl-x ctrl-f from a running
emacs instance. The operation appears to hang emacs indefinitely.
I did accept a few Windows updates when I rebooted last night d but
otherwise I'm not aware of any other changes that could have caused
I love Cygwin btw and very much appreciate everything you (the Cygwin
team) do for this project.
This is a known issue and has been fixed in the test release of emacs. See
Maybe I should make that the current release; it does seem to be pretty
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple