This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: Need help port forwarding with ssh and cygwin...
- From: Steven Dennis <nzdreamer55 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 20:06:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Need help port forwarding with ssh and cygwin...
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJipp7famUyvOEysLofd4JEYG6ZJcOdYjAReqWOqODsP=citXA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAJipp7d+mNkG0x9PpJu1A5hhUQBAdREgvXBcVt5VhFQoyOznOw at mail dot gmail dot com> <541629B2 dot 2060403 at acm dot org> <CAJipp7e=eMLCxPoEa_nNFfQEqZV+=oXZ2Jf2TvKWmwXVzjo5ew at mail dot gmail dot com> <54164C02 dot 3030806 at acm dot org>
Forgot to include this
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'localhost' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
Write failed: Broken pipe
On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 7:16 PM, David Rothenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 9/14/2014 6:35 PM, Steven Dennis wrote:
>> Ok so I think that the problem is with connecting from my server to my
>> local computer over ssh. I ssh to my server and then issued a ssh
>> kira@XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX and got the following error.
>> ssh: connect to host XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX port 22: Connection timed out
> Have you setup the ssh server on your local computer by running
> "ssh-host-config" as an admin user? If so, is the sshd service running?
> The first thing to get working is the ssh server. Make sure you can do
> "ssh localhost" from your Cygwin computer. If that works, then there is
> some firewall blocking the connection. If that doesn't, look at
> /var/log/sshd.log to see why the sshd service didn't start.
> David Rothenberger ---- email@example.com
> "Buy land. They've stopped making it."
> -- Mark Twain
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple