This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /usr/bin/install doesn't install files from Makefile
- From: Csaba Raduly <rcsaba at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin list <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 12:15:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: /usr/bin/install doesn't install files from Makefile
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5415790E dot 8030209 at gmx dot net>
On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Michael Osipov wrote:
> I am trying to install an application which autoconf. While configure and
> make run fine, make install does it's job but no files and directories are
> created at the end. As if no action has happened.
> I am building asciidoc-8.6.9 from source. I am on Windows XP SP3.
> How can I figure out why install is silently failing?
What's the output of "make install" ? Maybe the install target is just a no-op.
GCS a+ e++ d- C++ ULS$ L+$ !E- W++ P+++$ w++$ tv+ b++ DI D++ 5++
The Tao of math: The numbers you can count are not the real numbers.
Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts.
"Ok, it boots. Which means it must be bug-free and perfect. " -- Linus Torvalds
"People disagree with me. I just ignore them." -- Linus Torvalds
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple