This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: No file name completion for file names start with underscore
- From: Paul.Domaskis <Paul dot Domaskis at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:30:16 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: No file name completion for file names start with underscore
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20140918T010225-301 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20140918T011028-898 at post dot gmane dot org>
>> I'm using the following 64-bit packages:
>> cygwin 1.7.28-2 bash-completion 1.3-1
>> If I am in a folder that contains file _vimrc and directory
>> _vimfiles, filename completion doesn't respond. I type "ls _" or
>> "ls _v" and press tab -- nothing happens. I can't really do
>> anything about it because it took months to approve the use of
>> cygwin install CDs made near the beginning of the year, but I was
>> wondering the problem is reproducible by others?
> Oops, my bad. The phrase "file _vimrc and directory _vimfiles" should
> read "files _vimrc and _viminfo". The directory is actually
> "vimfiles" and has no underscore.
I'm not sure if this is a false alarm, but I have another error in my
original post, due to my haste in cobbling together an arbitrary
example. In actuality, completion does not fail for "ls _v". It
fails for "find _v". But it works for other commands like ls and
find. Again, lack of completion fails only when trying to specify
filenames starting with underscore as arguments to the find command.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple