This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ld crashes with segmentation fault when linking with libmpir.a
- From: "Daniel R. Grayson" <danielrichardgrayson at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 20:28:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: ld crashes with segmentation fault when linking with libmpir.a
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABWu70FH+jRZaAW5kkrJkr1NpekK8eEsje0X2fsUvp32wPVOeQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <541A046B dot 6020908 at gmail dot com>
On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 6:00 PM, JonY <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 9/18/2014 03:20, Daniel R. Grayson wrote:
>> ld crashes with segmentation fault when linking with libmpir.a
>> To reproduce:
>> wget http://mpir.org/mpir-2.6.0.tar.bz2
>> tar xjf mpir-2.6.0.tar.bz2
>> cd mpir-2.6.0
>> ./configure --build=x86_64-pc-cygwin
>> ld -u __gmpn_gcdext .libs/libmpir.a
> What are you trying to accomplish? I suspect this will not work on Windows.
This bug prevents me from linking our program under cygwin. The program
is Macaulay2, see http://macaulay2.com/. I'm working now on a work-around
involving using libgmp instead of libmpir, and I expect that to be successful.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say it will not work under Windows, since my
bug report is about a program crashing, and the program should work,
i.e., "ld" should
link object files together or give an error message.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple