This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: No file name completion for file names start with underscore
- From: Paul.Domaskis <Paul dot Domaskis at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:53:54 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: No file name completion for file names start with underscore
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20140918T010225-301 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20140918T011028-898 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20140918T012259-677 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140918000242 dot GA17489 at phoenix> <CACUHbYP+hmbvkVK_dO_C6H3QMLO3zGH+sK2fSovHox3XLUsWUQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <lvf9re$l0j$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
Andrew DeFaria <Andrew <at> DeFaria.com> writes:
>On 9/18/2014 11:42 AM, David Boyce wrote:
>>> The path argument to find must be a directory.
>> Sorry, but I can't let this go by. The statement above is
>> incorrect, as a simple test like "find /etc/passwd -print" would
> Or just "find /etc/passwd". (-print has been the default for
> decades... The man page it's the default but you should proob)
Maybe things have changed. I think Gary Johnson is right.
For background, my old 32-bit cygwin 1.7.17-1 install (bash 4.1.10-4),
"cygcheck -cvs | grep -i completion" shows no packages with the string
"completion" in the name. And if I have files (not directories)
_viminfo & _vimrc, tabbing after "find _vi" does a completion up to
"find _vim", then shows me the two candidate files thereafter.
In my new 64-bit cygwin 1.7.28-2 (bash 4.1.11-2, bash-completion
1.3-1), I also have _viminfo & _vimrc, but "find _vi" doesn't
complete, nor does it show candidate files. I ensured that I have
directories vimfiles and vimtest, and "find vi" does complete up to
"find vim", then shows me the two candidate directories thereafter.
On the other hand, in the new 64-bit cygwin, "ls vi" and "ls _vi"
*always* completes as much as it can, then shows me the two candidates
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple