This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs-24.3.93-3 [TEST]
- From: Markus Hoenicka <markus dot hoenicka at mhoenicka dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 09:06:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs-24.3.93-3 [TEST]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 54146F07 dot 1000103 at cornell dot edu>
At 2014-09-13 18:21, Ken Brown was heard to say:
The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution as
Emacs is a powerful, customizable, self-documenting, modeless text
editor. Emacs contains special code editing features, a scripting
language (elisp), and the capability to read mail, news, and more
without leaving the editor.
This is a pretest of the upcoming emacs-24.4, patched to make emacs
use Cygwin's malloc instead of the one provided by emacs. See
This patch has been applied upstream in the emacs development trunk
but not in the emacs-24 branch, so it will not be included in the
official release of emacs-24.4. Nevertheless, I would like to include
it in the emacs-24.4 package for Cygwin if it gets enough testing to
convince me that it's reliable. Emacs users are strongly encouraged
to test it and report any problems.
I still get the crashes related to a suspected stack corruption with
this version. This new version was most likely not intended to address
this problem, but I thought you might be interested anyway. I'll post
the details to the Emacs bug list, as usual.
AQ score 38
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple