This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs-24.3.93-3 [TEST]
- From: Doug Lewan <dougl at shubertticketing dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 18:27:51 +0000
- Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs-24.3.93-3 [TEST]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 54146F07 dot 1000103 at cornell dot edu> <155DEC68569B714B86C2C7075F5EDA9892B2294A at DAKIYA1 dot pegasus dot local> <54205820 dot 1090307 at cornell dot edu>
> -----Original Message-----
> Behalf Of Ken Brown
> Sent: Monday, 2014 September 22 13:11
> Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs-24.3.93-3 [TEST]
> On 9/22/2014 10:21 AM, Doug Lewan wrote:
> > The announcement below (re: pretest of emacs 24.4) is starting to
> confuse me.
> Maybe you missed the earlier announcement about emacs-24.3.93-1:
> Does that clear things up?
> I realize that it's unusual to make an upstream pretest the current
> Cygwin release. But I did that because the bug referred to in my
> announcements was too serious to ignore. (It's actually a long-
> bug, but it was masked prior to the release of cygwin-1.7.31.)
While I'm not sure I'd seen that announcement in particular,
I have been watching the related issues (which I think have been affecting
me for quite a while now). I'd interpreted the announcement
as meaning that 24.3.93-3 would be a bit of a hybrid;
your pointer definitely clarifies things.
(201) 489-8600 ext 224 or ext 4335
"This is a slow pup," he said continuing his ascent.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple