This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Fwd: Re: Strange gdb backtraces on 64-bit Cygwin
- From: Markus Hoenicka <markus dot hoenicka at mhoenicka dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 15:23:44 +0200
- Subject: Fwd: Re: Strange gdb backtraces on 64-bit Cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
At 2014-09-23 14:31, Ken Brown was heard to say:
So I think it's pretty clear that the strange backtrace I observed
with gdb-7.6.50-4 on 64-bit Cygwin was indeed due to a deficiency in
I hope that people who have been experiencing emacs crashes with
"impossible" backtraces will update to gdb-7.8-2.
I might be dense somehow, but the two emacs crashes with said
"impossible" backtraces that I reported yesterday  were observed
with the gdb version that you recommend:
$ gdb -version
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.8
$ cygcheck -f /usr/bin/gdb
Are you sure this is all it takes to get sane backtraces?
AQ score 38
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple