This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin install crashes & reboots without leaving a trace
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Arend Rensink <arend dot rensink at utwente dot nl>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 18:28:02 +0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin install crashes & reboots without leaving a trace
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <27cfae84-98aa-4344-8efa-8d7dbb9e32c8 at email dot android dot com> <5424252A dot 3070800 at utwente dot nl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Arend Rensink!
>> Kaspersky "Antivirus" is notoriously known for protecting the users from
>> their computers. Also, ".Generic" is a sign that the detection was based on
> Good guess, it's Kaspersky.
Was not a guess at all. The designation clearly pointed to KAV.
> On 25-9-2014 16:10, Bob wrote:
>> You might try renaming setup-x86.exe to something less scary like
>> cygwin-myfriend.exe, and using --no-admin option if not already.
> I tried both, without any luck.
Renaming files won't help escaping behavioral scans.
> In the meanwhile I convinced our admin I know what I'm doing (more or less)
> so I've been given control over the virus detection settings. Problem solved.
> Thanks for your help.
Glad it was resolved. :)
Not everyone on this list was as lucky.
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 25.09.2014, <18:26>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple