This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: command line smtp client / command line email?
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 19:54:37 +0200
- Subject: Re: command line smtp client / command line email?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1411924846 dot 65788 dot YahooMailNeo at web172501 dot mail dot ir2 dot yahoo dot com>
Am 28.09.2014 19:20, schrieb Marilo:
There is ssmtp which runs smoothly and is configured sufficiently
easily. I've been using it with a wrapper script to add some comfort in
composing a mail.
There is also 'email' but beware, it's broken and sometimes silently
corrupts email bodies, so you'd better not use it until it gets fixed.
what are my options for a command line smtp client in cygwin?
I'd want to specify smtp server and from address. I'd like TLS/SSL to be supported by the command
sendmail , doesn't look like it exists on cygwin and I know on *nix it shuts down any postfix server so I guess it mighttry to shut down any smtp server I have running.
heirloom mailx looks good, but doesn't exist for cygwin.
I can't see anything for sending an email from/in cygwin
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple