This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Bug] C-n keybinding doesn't work with GNU texinfo (Windows 6.1.7601 64bit)
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 16:05:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Bug] C-n keybinding doesn't work with GNU texinfo (Windows 6.1.7601 64bit)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BLU436-SMTP2168A87554C2DAAA5FF44CBE4BA0 at phx dot gbl>
On 9/29/2014 1:32 PM, Alive wrote:
Here are steps to reproduce the problem.
1. Open cygwin terminal.
2. Type "info info" to display info page about GNU texinfo.
3. Press C-n (CTRL + n) to move the cursor
Expected result: C-n key combination moves the cursor one line down.
Actual result: An error message about unknown command is displayed.
"Unknown command (C-n)."
This malicious behavior isn't reproducible on Ubuntu version of GNU
texinfo. Tested on 14.04.1 with latest updates.
This is actually an upstream bug, which was fixed almost a year ago:
The fix is trivial and was incorporated into the Ubuntu package.
Unfortunately, Cygwin's Texinfo package currently lacks a maintainer.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple