This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
editing zip file in vim - E212: Can't open file for writing
- From: Pawel Jasinski <pawel dot jasinski at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 21:06:41 +0200
- Subject: editing zip file in vim - E212: Can't open file for writing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have tried to edit a zip file with vim.
I am able to open and edit, but no luck when saving.
The file is /home/rejap/foo.zip and I can write to it (create with zip).
"~/zipfile:/home/rejap/foo.zip::foo.txt" E212: Can't open file for writing
If I move file to / it works.
What am I doing wrong.
thanks for any help
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple