Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours

I downloaded Setup.exe version 2.850 (32 bit) on Oct 18, 2014 and used it to
install cygwin from scratch on an Asus Eee notebook with Atom N455 cpu.  I
tried to install only the default packages but it seems like that took about
8 hours to download overnight.  The install went okay until it came to the
/etc/postinstall/texlive-collection-basic.sh which seemed to hang for at
least 12 hours.  Thinking it was hung I canceled the install, but then I
found this longish thread going back several years, so I restarted the
install and let it run for at least 24 hours and see no more happening.  It
sits the whole time on this script.  The "Total:" line shows 99% done and
the "Package:" line shows zero progress the whole time.

Is there a way to install Cygwin without installing this package, which
seems to have been included in the default selection?

Now that I seem to have it included can I take it out without breaking
something that is too important to do without?  When I restarted the install
everything said "default" and I didn't change anything.

Since it doesn't ever finish I don't see any log file, or indeed, ever a log
directory.

Thank you,
Don MacDougall