Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours

> I wouldn't try to restart the install without figuring out why
> /etc/postinstall/texlive-collection-basic.sh didn't complete.  Is there
> anything
> at all in /var/log/ that might provide a clue?  Usually setup writes
> temporary
> files while it's executing postinstall scripts.

There wasn't even a /var/log directory until the install was finished.  What
I finally did to get it to finish was to move all the texlive-collection
files out of the postinstall directory and the install process finished  all
the rest quite rapidly.  Then I put them back, except for the language
packages, and reran the install program and one by one moved the files back
out again if they stalled.  In the end there were 8 that wouldn't run.  In
the temporary logs are a lot of error messages similar to the following
three:

Can't fork, trying again in 5 seconds at /usr/bin/updmap line 59.
      7 [main] perl 8088 child_info_fork::abort: unable to remap Fcntl.dll
to same address as parent (0x2E0000) - try running rebaseall

Can't fork, trying again in 5 seconds at /usr/bin/updmap line 59.
      6 [main] perl 8056 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by
'MD5.dll' (0x2D0000) is already occupied

Can't fork, trying again in 5 seconds at /usr/bin/updmap line 59.
      5 [main] perl 8076 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by
'IO.dll' (0x2F0000) is already occupied

I looked for updmap but there doesn't appear to be even a /usr/bin
directory, so I must be looking in the wrong place.

In any case, I did get the install to complete by this rather ugly method
except for those 8 packages and all the language files. I don't know if this
method will have fouled up anything else or not.

If the log files would be of any value to you, I've put them here:

http://www.macdougalls.net/cygwinlogs/

Thanks for your help,
Don