RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.1

Loaded the test release here today and found that it seems to work as expected, both without the /etc/nsswitch.conf file (operates as before) and with both passwd and group set to "db" in the file.  Only two slightly negative observations I've made so far are 1) ps -ef only allows for 8 character UIDs, and thus longer UIDs (for example MyMachine+cyg_server) don't show up well and 2) the very first cygwin process I start seems to take a bit longer to start up now (in either mode) than before (7-10 seconds depending on the contents of nsswitch).  Perhaps this is possibly due to the fact that I'm accessing AD at some distance over a VPN?  However, the SECOND process and all subsequent ones seem to start significantly faster than before (THANKS FOR THAT!).

Question:  In the documentation you indicate that "If cygserver is running it will provide passwd and group entry caching for all processes in every Cygwin process tree started after cygserver."  Normally I have several processes (specifically sshd, cygserver, cron and httpd2) automatically start up as services when my system boots up, and I have not specified the order.  Would it now be desirable to have cygserver starting up first, followed by the others?  If so, what would be the preferred way to create such a dependency/startup timing?  Would a service dependency be sufficient?

Thanks again for your efforts on this!

Dave