Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours

On Nov 12 18:53, Achim Gratz wrote:

> >> I'd like to see them.  Thanks.
>
> I'll upload them on the weekend latest, I'm a bit swamped at work.  I'll
> follow up on this in cygwin-applications.
>
> > Yes, me too.
> >
> > Achim, does your perpetual autorebase rely on the existing autorebase
> > script?  If so, do you see a good chance to consolidate the changes
> > into a single package we're still calling _autorebase?
>
> No,

No?

> I've replaced it with an incremental autorebase which can function
> as a normal autorebase as well.  I've discussed bits of it on the list
> ~2 years ago, but at that time there was no further interest in having
> something run on every installation.
>
> Ah, here it is:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.applications/23733
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.applications/23772

From what I read here your _incautorebase would replace _autorebase
just fine.  I'm not concerned about an exact replacement for the
rebaseall script.  The idea would be to make _incautorebase into
drop-in replacement for _autorebase and throw away my _autorebase
stuff.  Rebaseall would stay, it's part of the rebase package anyway.

Corinna

Red Hat