Re: Cygwin AD integration home/shell changes

On Dec  5 08:07, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

> >> Why not set defaults (in case of db_home) to
> >>
> >> db_home: cygwin desc /home/%U
> >>
> >> and remove fallback?
> >> It just not seems right - creating workarounds to implement straight behavior.
>
> > It's not a workaround from my POV to provide a fallback.  Creating a
> > workable passwd entry is important.  If I implement it as you suggest
> > above, I would still provide the typical "set home to the root dir"
> > default.  Sure, that might be an option.
>
> If you mean "complain and set home to the root", then I'm happy with this
> solution.

No complain.  You still seem to have a problem to understand that this
is underlying functionality under a couple of system calls generating
passwd entries for arbitrary accounts.  It's *not* necessarily the
current account.  A user visible complaint for every unconfigured account
enumerated via getpwent is quite over the top.

Corinna

Red Hat