mingw-w32api needs to be upgraded to 4.0.1

I maintain an app called x3270, along with its Windows variant, wc3270. One of the build environments for wc3270 used to be Cygwin, but for well over a year, it has been impossible to build it because of a bug in MinGW 4.0, which was fixed in MinGW 4.0.1 in September 2013.

(The current version of Cygwin mingw-runtime and mingw-w32api is "4.0-1", which I take to be a minor variant of 4.0, because it still contains the bug.)

The bug is that if a file is linked against the 'winspool' library, the resulting Windows executable points at a nonexistent DLL called 'winspool.dll', instead of or 'winspool.drv'.

The bug and the fix are described in detail in this thread:
http://mingw.5.n7.nabble.com/quot-winspool-dll-was-not-found-quot-error-on-startup-after-upgrading-to-gcc-4-8-1-td32324.html

I had expected that Cygwin's MinGW would be upgraded shortly after 4.0.1 appeared, but this does not appear to have been the case.
--
/pdm/