Re: TIOCPKT mode of PTY is broken if ONLCR bit is cleared.

Hi Takashi,

On Feb 28 14:36, Takashi Yano wrote:
> Package: cygwin
> Version: 1.7.34-6

It's terribly nice of you creating patches for Cygwin, and I'm really
looking forward to include patches, but... there's a small problem.

If you want to provide non-trivial patches (<= 10 lines) for the Cygwin
package, we need a copyright assignment from you.  See
https://cygwin.com/contrib.html, the "Before you get started" section.
As soon as we have your CA, we can discuss this patch further.

For the time being, your patch is lacking a ChangeLog entry.  I scanned
your patch a bit, and it looks pretty good, but I'll need some more
explanations and the patch should definitely be made against current
CVS (soon to be git), not the latest release version.
https://cygwin.com/contrib.html and https://cygwin.com/cvs.html
should point you into the right direction.  But feel free to ask here
if you have questions not answered on these pages.

Having said that, I'm really glad that you took the time to debug this
issue and prepared a patch.  The above is just the necessary red tape,
sorry :)

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat