Re: [64bit] cygwin-devel headers broken

On May  1 14:38, Eric Blake wrote:

> POSIX says:
>
> http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/sys_time.h.html#tag_13_64
>
> "Inclusion of the <sys/time.h> header may make visible all symbols from
> the <sys/select.h> header."
>
> which means <sys/time.h> may (but not must) pollute the namespace with
> select().  This means two things:
>
> 1. Portable applications should not depend on the pollution (so
> reporting it to upstream projects is the right thing to do)
>
> 2. Cygwin should do better at emulating Linux and include the namespace
> pollution, for the sake of applications that have not yet been patched.

I screwed that up, didn't I?

This is a result of the newlib change to sys/time.h.  It has been
updated to the latest stuff from FreeBSD in March.

Before, we had a <cygwin/sys_time.h> header which defines futimes and
lutimes.  Since these symbols are now defined in newlib's new sys/time.h,
I concluded razor-sharp, that we don't need the cygwin-specific
cygwin/sys_time.h anymore.

Unfortunately I missed the fact that this file also includes <sys/select.h>.

> Anyone want to tackle the patch to cygwin's sys/time.h?

I applied a patch.  A new version of Cygwin has to wait until I'm back
from vaca, sorry.

Corinna

Red Hat