Re: File operations on a Windows Driver (character device)

Alessio Faina writes:
> Well.....I wrote and answered myself the question you pointed out that
> is residing on stackoverflow....

Oh, small world :)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29938573/accessing-kernel-memory-from-user-mode-windows
> > help to answer your question?  If it does, you'll still have to decide
> > whether to translate the Windows calls there into Cygwin calls or instead
> > just localize the Windows calls in one user-level module and leave
> > everything else to Cygwin.

Cygwin is entirely and intentionally in user space.  Most of its users don't
even need programming access to Windows user space, let alone kernel space.
 So yes, you're likely to be forging a new path.

If you get it working with toy Windows test programs, we *might* be able to
tell you how to convert it to Cygwin, if it's possible.  But the actual
figuring it out for Windows is outside the scope of what Cygwin is intended
to provide.

..mark