Re: File operations on a Windows Driver (character device)

Thanks Mark and Corinna.
I'm sorry for the
<https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU> and
<https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.,
I wont make those mistakes in the future, I promise.

Returning on the issue, I've decided to open the device with the
open() provided by Cygwin
and then intercept the IOCTLs and change them with the Win32
DeviceIoControl (using
_get_osfhandle() for the handle of the device).
At this point I can even implement the mmap with an IOCTL without
problems as I explained
in a previous mail.
I cannot use the read/write calls because I need to access the kernel
memory directly with
the mmap; in this way I can get better performances.

The last (and main) problem I'm facing is the poll()/select(); I've
seen that doing a poll() on
this kind of device always returns "1" because in
select.cc->select_stuff::poll() the function
pointer s->peek is NULL and in that way the counter "n" is always increased.

What I need to do is something that can be compiled under VS2013 and
under Cygwin
for compatibility with applications already written for linux OS; I
was thinking to open a
WSK socket and associate it with every new "open" made from userspace so that a
userspace program can use the poll indifferently if compiled under Cygwin or
under a native environment.
What I don't know is if this way is a smart one or if there is a
clever way to do this:
have you got something to suggest?

Thanks very much everyone for the help

         -Alessio Faina