Cygwin fork:retry error

I've been struggling with this fork:retry issue for over a month and have yet to find a working solution.

The machines are Windows 7 64-bit with Cygwin 32-bit installation.
I run Setup and then install some bash scripts for the user.
Only some of the machines appear to be having this fork:retry problem.
And even reinstalling Cygwin does not appear to fix the problem.

Error:

    /etc/profile: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable
     1 [main] bash 3236 child_info_fork::abort: C:\Cygwin\bin\cyggcc_s-1.dll: loaded to different address:
    parent(0x370000) != child(0x2B0000)

I've tried completely eliminating every trace of Cygwin I can find on the machine and then reinstalling Cygwin but the
error persists.
I've tried the rebaseall commands listed in a number of posts.  Again, the error persists.

What's interesting is that if I try rebooting one of these machines numerous times eventually the scripts will work
without this fork:retry error.
But if you reboot the machine again most likely the fork:retry error will reappear.
It's almost like there is some race condition involved.

Any help here greatly appreciated.