Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.1.0-0.1

Hi Ken,

On Jun 21 14:47, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 6/20/2015 4:55 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >- First cut of an implementation to allow signal handlers running on an
> >   alternate signal stack.
> >
> >- New API sigaltstack, plus definitions for SA_ONSTACK, SS_ONSTACK, SS_DISABLE,
> >   MINSIGSTKSZ, SIGSTKSZ.
>
> I must be doing something wrong.  Shouldn't including signal.h make the new
> API available?
>
> $ uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW fiona 2.1.0(0.287/5/3) 2015-06-20 21:44 i686 Cygwin
>
> $ cygcheck -cd cygwin-devel
> Cygwin Package Information
> Package              Version
> cygwin-devel         2.1.0-0.1
>
> $ cat test.c
> #include <signal.h>
> int
> main()
> {
>   int foo = SIGSTKSZ;
>   return 0;
> }
>
> $ gcc test.c
> test.c: In function âmainâ:
> test.c:6:13: error: âSIGSTKSZâ undeclared (first use in this function)
>    int foo = SIGSTKSZ;
>              ^

You're not doing anything wrong.  The relevant definitions in
sys/signal.h were originally only available for RTEMS.  I just
made them availbale for all platforms.  The problem was that the
orignal code missed to include sys/cdefs.h, which is required to
get the macros guarding the definitions.  I fixed that in the git
repo.

I also made a bigger change to code setting up the alternate stack when
calling the signal handler function.  It turned out that my code moving
to the new stack missed to safe all potentially clobbered volatile
registers on both platforms.

I'll upload new snapshots and 2.1.0-0.2 test releases shortly.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat