Re: How to expand tabs? Where is expand program.

On 7/2/2015 4:14 PM, Richard Heintze wrote:
There used to be a very handy cygwin program called expand for expanding tabs into spaces.

Now I cannot find it on the nice installation GUI (setup_x86_64.exe).
$ cygcheck -f /usr/bin/expand.exe
coreutils-8.15-3

Probably out of date, but I'd guess is still available.

-ernie

I tried searching the archives for it but there were too many hits for other topics ("expand" is a common word, apparently).

Has this been superseded by a better program?
Has it been taken away? I hope not!

How can I get a command line interface for expanding tabs into spaces that I can easily use from VI?
Thanks
Siegfried