This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Aw: Re: Xwin 126.96.36.199 exits early
- From: Rainer Blome <rainer dot blome at gmx dot de>
- To: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 21:07:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: Aw: Re: Xwin 188.8.131.52 exits early
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <trinity-3a684fad-a4e7-4ba8-a66e-3a21100ba2c1-1438098203037 at 3capp-gmx-bs28> <55B8FBFB dot 3090706 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <trinity-5b9a37ac-8abe-413e-a938-216f53ee29d9-1438192190656 at 3capp-gmx-bs62> <55B94B0E dot 2070009 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
Jon, thanks for the help.
On 29.07.2015 23:52, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> On 29/07/2015 18:49, Rainer Blome wrote:
>> at 6E5D0000
> This looks very much like an exception is occurring in sysfer.dll (which
> is part of 'Symantec Endpoint Protection'
Looks and sounds plausible.
> This has been reported as causing problems a few times recently (See
> ,). If possible, you should try to update it or create an
> exception for XWin.exe
It updates automatically, not sure if I can "create an exception".
I'll give that a try in the coming weeks. I already tried to temporarily
disable it, and that did not help.
> I think exception 0x80000001 is STATUS_GUARD_PAGE_VIOLATION. I'm not
> sure why this doesn't get translated into a non-zero exit code by Cygwin.
>  https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-03/msg00080.html
>  https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-05/msg00146.html
And thanks for the links.
>From these I gather that the problem might disappear with a 64-bit
I'll also try that.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple