This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Missing File zone1970.tab in tzcode 2015e-1
- From: Owen Leibman <eclipsechasers2 at yahoo dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 02:31:35 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Missing File zone1970.tab in tzcode 2015e-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Owen Leibman <eclipsechasers2 at yahoo dot com>
A new file zone1970.tab was added to the timezone project in 2014. An update to tzcode for cygwin that year (2014j-1) properly included that file. However, the latest cygwin release of tzcode, 2015e-1, did not include that file. As a result, attempting to run /usr/sbin/tzselect results in the error:
/usr/sbin/tzselect: line 180: /usr/share/zoneinfo/zone1970.tab: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/tzselect: time zone files are not set up correctly
Technically, zone1970.tab is part of tzdata, not tzcode. However, cygwin seems to be distributing them together. The files zone.tab and iso3166.tab, which are also part of tzdata, were distributed with both 2014j-1 and 2015e-1.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple