This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cpuinfo cache size
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 10:15:39 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: cpuinfo cache size
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55896193 dot 2080307 at gmail dot com> <20150623141737 dot GS28301 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> Cygwin is lacking the code to fetch L3 caches and afaics, it's not
> overly simple. At least calling cpuid as for L1 and L2 caches is not
> sufficient, apparently.
If you can use the Windows API, then this
> > Should be possible to have both info available ?
> > Any idea how to obtain the other cache infos ?
> Not completely. You have to use different cpuid codes for AMD and Intel
> CPUs, and you have to call cpuid multiple times to get the full info
> for all L3 caches of the system's CPUs, but I'm fuzzy on the details.
I have no patches, but another difference to Linux is that the CPU frequency
reported is the maximum (non-turbo) frequency instead of the actual one
(which could be larger or lower depending on the frequency scaling in
effect). That seems to require more infrastructure, though.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple