This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Unwanted texlive invasion
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 12:39:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: Unwanted texlive invasion
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5061D0B4 dot 40601 at cs dot utoronto dot ca> <1438617622866-120277 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com>
On 8/3/2015 12:00 PM, steppnav wrote:
I'm attempting to remove texlive because it's existence makes it impossible
to completely remove X Windows components. I've manually ensured that all
things dependent on it have been marked for uninstall. It ends up in a
catch 22 style circular, self-reference problem. I don't know what
percentage of cygwinidos use teX stuff, but it MUST be a serious minority.
Could someone come up with a solvent for this teXSuperGlue?
Maybe you have an obsolete package installed that requires texlive. Try
unchecking the "Hide obsolete packages" box.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple