This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 2.2.0-1
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 07:50:52 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 2.2.0-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 20150803131950 dot GA18878 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55BFB64C dot 1010802 at towo dot net> <20150803192940 dot GA19315 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> It's ignored as $HOME in the Cygwin DLL. It's apparently not ignored in
> the base-files package, but that's another problem.
...to which the possible solutions are:
1. Not hand a botched HOME environment variable to Cygwin processes.
2. Do the same checks as the Cygwin DLL and fall back to some more sensible
default if HOME is botched.
3. Ignore the issue.
So which one?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple