This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 2.2.0-1
- From: cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 11:16:43 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 2.2.0-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 20150803131950 dot GA18878 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <55BFB64C dot 1010802 at towo dot net> <20150803192940 dot GA19315 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <loom dot 20150804T094839-714 at post dot gmane dot org> <895515CC-6BB7-41E7-AEA5-30FBBE071153 at etr-usa dot com> <87wpxac2bj dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150805075435 dot GP17917 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 8/5/2015 3:54 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> So the idea was:
> set HOME=foo <- ignored, set HOME from passwd DB entry
> set HOME=C:/foo <- same
I strongly disagree. In fact I set HOME in the Windows environment
expecting Cygwin to map it correctly so that I can have a common HOME
for multiple installations of Cygwin. It also allows me to to use
%HOME% in Windows scripts.
> set HOME=//foo/bar <- same
> set HOME=/foo/bar <- valid, taken
I slightly disagree. It boggles Windows scripts that could make use of
the variable and would only work for scripts where the working directory
device contains /foo/bar.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple