This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Update: mintty 2.1.4
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 00:12:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Update: mintty 2.1.4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 55C3D28B dot 5050208 at towo dot net> <1438938768245-120368 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com>
Am 07.08.2015 um 11:12 schrieb Kptain:
After starting mintty 2.1.4 based from Cygwin package 2.2.0 (windows 8.1),
I've still same issue as with previous packages 2.1.2 and 2.1.3:
PC is crashing with this message: UnexpectedKernelModeTrap
Please note also that:
- same mintty 2.1.4 is working well from Windows 7.
- old mintty 1.2-beta1 is working well for both Windows 7 or Windows 8.1
Do you have an idea why latest mintty release is not supporting Windows 8.1?
Asking Google, this error may be related to hardware or driver issues.
Does this command work?
cp /bin/mintty /bin/mintty1
If so, does mintty1 then work?
Did you recently update drivers? Do you overclock your CPU?
Since nobody else is reporting this, I suspect it's a local problem. If
for example it's a hard disk problem, it could well persist over
multiple reinstallation of mintty versions...
Diese E-Mail wurde von Avast Antivirus-Software auf Viren geprüft.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple