This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
can we see details of dependencies before committing to an install?
- From: Lester Ingber <ingber at alumni dot caltech dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 15:52:40 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: can we see details of dependencies before committing to an install?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I do not see any way we can see details of dependencies before committing
to an install?
For example, if I want to install Cygwin Octave, I can click on several
packages. When I continue to install, I have a page of dependencies,
like a lot of libs,that should also be installed. That would be OK if
I could accept these, but before committing to an install, go back and
at least see the sizes of these dependencies.
One good reason is if I want to uninstall Octave, I am then stuck with
a lot of those dependencies that are not purged. I do not know if there
is anything like a "purge" tool for Cygwin?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple