This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: X: Authorization required, but no authorization protocol specified
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 16:35:19 +0300
- Subject: Re: X: Authorization required, but no authorization protocol specified
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <67ea3d1202eccadc3fc21e58af6ca4bf at mhoenicka dot de> <55C479DA dot 7000203 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <7495b654b8e6ac58e74fcddf3aa07ed7 at mhoenicka dot de> <55C8A35C dot 50102 at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, cyg Simple!
>>> Is there anything unusual about your home directory?
>> Well, we use roaming profiles here at work. This has caused problems
>> before, both in Cygwin and non-Cygwin apps. I've modified
>> /usr/bin/startxwin like this:
>> $ diff /usr/bin/startxwin.orig /usr/bin/startxwin
>> < XAUTHORITY=$HOME/.Xauthority
>>> # XAUTHORITY=$HOME/.Xauthority
>> i.e. it now uses a local drive to store .Xauthority. With this change,
>> startxwin works without a hitch, and it is not any slower compared to
>> before the upgrade. I don't know what is particularly broken about my
>> $HOME as most Cygwin apps deal with it just fine:
>> $ cygpath -w $HOME
>> \\<serverpath>\home\<username>\Eigene Dateien\home\<username>
> Corinna made changes which invalidates this value form for HOME existing
> in Windows environment. We've been arguing against the change. This is
> another example of why it should be left the way it has worked since day 1.
You're confusing yourself and those around you.
Corinna discussed the changes that may invalidate passing networked %HOME%
from Windows to Cygwin, but not Cygwin's own setting of $HOME to a network
With best regards,
Monday, August 10, 2015 16:33:15
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple