This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Shares with strange ACL settings
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 19:29:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: Shares with strange ACL settings
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20150811T101658-176 at post dot gmane dot org> <58991467 dot 20150811200642 at yandex dot ru>
Andrey Repin writes:
> Perl is known to have "special" treatment of file permissions.
It's perfectly valid to do this from a POSIX perspective and Perl is not
the only program to do this (but it's easier to show the result with
Perl). As far as POSIX is concerned, the mode bits that Cygwin presents
are wrong given the actual access rights of the underlying Windows
> This issue has been raised in the list before.
By me, so yes I know. What's your point?
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple