This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Hide fbpanel icon
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: AC <cygwin62y9 at acarver dot net>
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 18:06:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: Hide fbpanel icon
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55CCBC3D dot 1050907 at acarver dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 13/08/2015 16:48, AC wrote:
I just updated my cygwin install with X at 1.17.2-2 and now the small
panel icon shows up in the upper left of my screen with no task bar icon
and now way to remove it. Prior to the upgrade I was able to close that
button (by right clicking the "panel" entry in the Windows task bar
which left the x server running.
Is there a way to get rid of that icon? I only ever use the system tray
icon and the fbpanel icon is always in the way of desktop icons. I
can't seem to move it anywhere either.
If I comment out fbpanel in startxwinrc then nothing loads (I don't
normally have an xterm come up, I just want the server running and waiting).
If your /etc/X11/xinit/startxwinrc mentions fbpanel, you don't have the
latest version (see ), so maybe try updating or reinstalling the
If you have a custom ~/.startxwinrc, then base it on the current
/etc/X11/xinit/startxwinrc and end it with 'exec
/usr/bin/xwin-xdg-menu', or even 'exec sleep infinity' if you don't like
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple