This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Hide fbpanel icon
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 13:33:23 -0500
- Subject: Re: Hide fbpanel icon
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55CCBC3D dot 1050907 at acarver dot net> <55CCCE88 dot 3020401 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <55CCD80C dot 5070506 at acarver dot net>
On Thu, 2015-08-13 at 10:46 -0700, AC wrote:
> On 2015-08-13 10:06, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> > If your /etc/X11/xinit/startxwinrc mentions fbpanel, you don't have
> > the latest version (see ), so maybe try updating or reinstalling
> > the xinit package?
> > If you have a custom ~/.startxwinrc, then base it on the current
> > /etc/X11/xinit/startxwinrc and end it with 'exec
> > /usr/bin/xwin-xdg-menu', or even 'exec sleep infinity' if you don't
> > like that.
> >  https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2015-07/msg00013.html
> Interesting, I'm using the global startxwinrc and my xinit package is
> already 1.3.4-9 yet fbpanel is still in there and there's no mention
> of xwin-xdg-menu in it yet I do have xwin-xdg-menu installed
> I do not have a custom startxwinrc in my home directory.
Then you must have customized your global startxwinrc, in which case it
would not have been replaced when upgrading to 1.3.4-9. Replacing it
with the copy under /etc/defaults should fix this.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple