This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin version detection at run time
- From: VÃclav Haisman <vhaisman at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 15:56:01 +0200
- Subject: Cygwin version detection at run time
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am trying to find out Cygwin version at run time.
I have noticed that there is `cygwin_internal (CW_GETVERSIONINFO)` API
for this. However, it seems that the `cygwin_version_info` structure
this call is supposed to fill in is not publicly available and is only
declared internally in `winsup/cygwin/cygwin_version.h`.
Am I right that my only option is either to copy the internal
declaration of the structure or to use `/proc/version` and parse the
version string out of that?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple