This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin version detection at run time
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 10:11:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin version detection at run time
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKw7uVjccyLMYEQcxmZ6qHeAkGoowBB+-6VG-eu59_o4h6RKNQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
On 8/14/2015 9:56 AM, VÃclav Haisman wrote:
I am trying to find out Cygwin version at run time.
I have noticed that there is `cygwin_internal (CW_GETVERSIONINFO)` API
for this. However, it seems that the `cygwin_version_info` structure
this call is supposed to fill in is not publicly available and is only
declared internally in `winsup/cygwin/cygwin_version.h`.
Am I right that my only option is either to copy the internal
declaration of the structure or to use `/proc/version` and parse the
version string out of that?
There's uname, whose options allow getting various parts of what
/proc/version gives you. uname is also somewhat portable across
different flavors of linux ...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple