This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin on Wine: changing buffer content immediately after aync write() to a pipe corrupts written result
- From: Qian Hong <fracting at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 20:02:44 +0800
- Subject: Re: Cygwin on Wine: changing buffer content immediately after aync write() to a pipe corrupts written result
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALd+sZSJeQVmhtwfPSXxQtWTYfVvFh_ikxZL2p0Jo4thBwykuQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150815112744 dot GA30028 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: fracting at gmail dot com
On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 7:27 PM, Corinna Vinschen
> thanks for the detailed report and your efforts to reproduce the issue.
> As discussed on IRC, I'm going to use this for the release notes. The
> proposed Cygwin fix is in the 2.2.1-0.1 test release I'm uploading right
Thanks for the great help on irc. Also thanks for the test release.
I tested 32bit version of the test release, on both Wine and Windows7,
with both the xz command line and the test case writer.c attached in
original post. I can confirm both Cygwin Wine and Cygwin Windows works
$ sha1sum cygwin1-20150815.dll
$ file cygwin1-20150815.dll
cygwin1-20150815.dll: PE32 executable (DLL) (console) Intel 80386
(stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows
Will update if there is anything interesting.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple