This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: run.exe fails to start XWin on Windows 8.1 through the shortcut
- From: "Jaakov Jaakov" <j_k_v at ro dot ru>
- To: "Cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 17:07:04 +0300
- Subject: Re: run.exe fails to start XWin on Windows 8.1 through the shortcut
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: "Jaakov Jaakov" <j_k_v at ro dot ru>
Regarding run 1.3.3-1, if the command
C:\cygwin64\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c "cd; /usr/bin/startxwin"
is issued from the Windows command shell cmd, then C:\cygwin64\run.exe.stackdump is either not generated or not reproducibly generated (it happened just once in a long row of attempts).
According to the Task Manager, the run process shortly appears and then disappears in one-two seconds. No other effects, except some disc activity, are visible. (In particular, XWin doesn't start.)
\var\log\xwin remains untouched.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple