This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please upgrade cygwin cmake to 3.3.0
- From: "Tony Kelman" <tony at kelman dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 23:43:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: Please upgrade cygwin cmake to 3.3.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANO68EMbQ19JzXGA0gOx=gZoE1mQnMYeiSqTOE7nAD4GB4Tuzg at mail dot gmail dot com> <BAY169-DS137B082CD912C4D15A16F6A7790 at phx dot gbl> <CANO68EN9F47HiFecdzCoLieAkomBhEGV1GuUbd3jzkxJ=ZM5Bg at mail dot gmail dot com>
Sorry for sending the first copy of my earlier message off-list accidentally
(I keep doing that).
cmake 3.3.0 has the visual studio generator which is very handy on Windows
I have tried the separated version on Windows with visual studio 14
generator, and it works well.
The build of 3.3.1 is going smoothly so far, just checking unit tests now
and should be able to upload soon. But I don't think the cygwin build of
cmake includes the Visual Studio generator. It may have done so some time in
the past, but none of the 3.x or 2.8.x versions I've run any time recently
have done so. Did you see something in the release notes that led you to
believe otherwise? I think you need to use a native build, like from CMake's
website, to get the Visual Studio generator working.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple