This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Failed to activate core devices
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: Dennis Putnam <dap1 at bellsouth dot net>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 14:35:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: Failed to activate core devices
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55D1DC36 dot 5030306 at bellsouth dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 17/08/2015 14:05, Dennis Putnam wrote:
I've been running Xwin Server for a long time and today it started
failing with the cannot compile keymap error. To start, I made sure I
had the latest version of all the packages. After updating everything it
didn't help. I ran the various commands suggested by the topics I found
on this error. They all returned the output expected. I then ran though
the list of incompatible software and noticed that I have several
however, as I said, this was all working until today.
Unfortunately, it's the nature of these poorly understood
incompatibilities that things appear to work, until one day something is
different, and they don't.
> I've attached the
log file FWIW but I don't know where to go from here to troubleshoot
this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Perhaps you can run 'strace -o log XWin' and attach the resulting log file?
This is similar to the problem reported in 
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple