This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: getent services enumeration glitch
- From: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 21:49:23 +0000
- Subject: RE: getent services enumeration glitch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20150818T113145-139 at post dot gmane dot org> <20150818112416 dot GN17917 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen sent the following at Tuesday, August 18, 2015 7:24 AM
>On Aug 18 09:40, Mark Geisert wrote:
>Congratulations! You found a 13 years old bug in Cygwin's getservent
>implementation, which returned the port number in host byte order
>instead of in network byte order for all this time. Makes me wonder how
>often getservent is used in the wild...
Not that I know what getent is, let alone having ever used it, shouldn't
finding a bug that old merit a gold star?
Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.