This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: getent services enumeration glitch
- From: Mark Geisert <mark at maxrnd dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 23:43:28 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: getent services enumeration glitch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20150818T113145-139 at post dot gmane dot org> <20150818112416 dot GN17917 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <6CF2FC1279D0844C9357664DC5A08BA210A9A230 at msgb09 dot nih dot gov>
Buchbinder, Barry writes:
> Corinna Vinschen sent the following at Tuesday, August 18, 2015 7:24 AM
> >On Aug 18 09:40, Mark Geisert wrote:
> >Congratulations! You found a 13 years old bug in Cygwin's getservent
> >implementation, which returned the port number in host byte order
> >instead of in network byte order for all this time. Makes me wonder how
> >often getservent is used in the wild...
> Not that I know what getent is, let alone having ever used it, shouldn't
> finding a bug that old merit a gold star?
Oh, please no. A tin star if you must. Let's keep gold stars for folks
doing the heavy lifting around here.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple