This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [SILVERY GOLDSTAR] Re: getent services enumeration glitch
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 08:22:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: [SILVERY GOLDSTAR] Re: getent services enumeration glitch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20150818T113145-139 at post dot gmane dot org> <20150818112416 dot GN17917 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <6CF2FC1279D0844C9357664DC5A08BA210A9A230 at msgb09 dot nih dot gov> <loom dot 20150819T014054-519 at post dot gmane dot org> <20150819074623 dot GA15924 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
> On Aug 18 23:43, Mark Geisert wrote:
> > Buchbinder, Barry writes:
> > > Corinna Vinschen sent the following at Tuesday, August 18, 2015 7:24 AM
> > > >On Aug 18 09:40, Mark Geisert wrote:
> > > >Congratulations! You found a 13 years old bug in Cygwin's getservent
> > > >implementation, which returned the port number in host byte order
> > > >instead of in network byte order for all this time. Makes me wonder how
> > > >often getservent is used in the wild...
> > >
> > > Not that I know what getent is, let alone having ever used it, shouldn't
> > > finding a bug that old merit a gold star?
> > Oh, please no. A tin star if you must. Let's keep gold stars for folks
> > doing the heavy lifting around here.
> Oh, come one, don't be shy. A silver star at least,
> Andrew, do we have silver stars in the vaults?
But of course! https://cygwin.com/goldstars/#MG
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple